ACTE Business Leader of the Year
Leaders and executives from the business community who have excelled in contributing to the improvement,
promotion, development and progress of CTE are eligible recipients of this
award. All applicants must be nominated by an ACTE member.
The nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Significant accomplishments related to CTE that have contributed to the improvement, promotion, development and progress of CTE
- Actions that have enhanced the growth and quality of CTE
(Note: Considerations for the above can extend to sponsored programs, publications, financial support, and other activities.)
For more information on how applications will be scored, please see the ACTE Image Awards Scoring Rubric.
Applications for this award must include the items below (incomplete applications will not be considered):
- Basic information for the candidate and nominator (all candidates must be nominated by an ACTE member)
- Letter of Introduction summarizing the following:
- A brief overview of the applicant (ie. short biography/background information)
- Significant accomplishments related to career and technical education that have contributed to the improvement, promotion, development and progress of CTE
- Actions that have enhanced the growth and quality of CTE.
(Note: Letter of introduction should not exceed 350 words in length.)
- Letters of support: Each application requires a minimum of 2 letters of
support (maximum 4) recommending the candidate as relates to the above
areas. (Note: Suggested endorsers might include political leaders,
professional association leaders, business and industrial leaders,
educational leaders, civic leaders, parents and students.)
- Photo/logo: should be digital, high resolution (at least 300dpi), and
submitted in .jpg format. Files 2MB or larger are preferred. For more
information on resolution and dpi, see our flyer on How to Send Graphics. (Photographs will be used for publicity purposes only.)
- Other supporting materials: Additional information about achievements that have contributed to the growth and quality of CTE. (Note: Not to exceed 500 words in length.)
All applications should be submitted on the ACTE Awards Portal by May 1. Awards will be presented to winners at the ACTE Awards Banquet during CareerTech VISION.
Winning applicants permit ACTE to use and edit content of the application for promotional activities.