Agricultural Education Division
Learn more about the Agricultural Education Division
from Nancy Trivette!
Agricultural Education Division Vice President
369 South Warren St., PO Box 330
Trenton, NJ 08625
The ACTE® Agricultural Education Division's membership base includes agriculture teachers (elementary, secondary, postsecondary, adult), state agricultural education leaders and university agricultural educators. Originating with the Smith-Hughes Act of 1917, this Division's mission is to prepare students for successful careers and a lifetime of choices in the global agriculture and natural resources systems.
The national goals of the Division are:
- highly motivated, well-educated teachers provide quality education for students at all levels, pre-kindergarten through adult
- all students have access to seamless, lifelong instruction in agriculture and national resources through a wide variety of delivery methods and educational settings
- all students achieve conversational literacy of agriculture and national resources
- partnerships and strategic alliances ensure a continuous presence of education in and about agriculture and natural resources
This mission and those goals are supported by 11 cooperating organizations that work in unison to further the course of agricultural education. They are:
- American Association for Agricultural Education
- National Association of Agricultural Educators
- National Council for Agricultural Education
- National Association of Supervisors of Agricultural Education
- National FFA Alumni Association
- National FFA Foundation
- National FFA Organization
- National Post-Secondary Agricultural Students Organization
- National Young Farmers Association
- United States Department of Education
- United States Department of Agriculture
Organizations affiliated with the Agricultural Education Division:
The ACTE Agricultural Education Division is aligned with the following career clusters:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Education and Training
Congratulations 2017 National ACTE Award Winners representing the Agricultural Education Division!
Learn more about Jacob Ball...
Do you know an agricultural educator or an organization/business in support of agricultural education that deserves recognition? Learn more about the ACTE Excellence Awards and how to apply or nominate in your state.
Full ACTE Division/Career Clusters Matrix
Agricultural Education Division Committee Representatives
Agricultural Education Division Report to the Board
Agricultural Education Operating Policies
Agricultural Education Division Leadership (National Council for Agriculture Education)
Agricultural Education Division Meeting Minutes