Best Practices and Innovations Conference
Best Practices and Innovations Conference 2016
The Signature Event for CTE Leaders
Register online or Register by mail
View the conference brochure
Download the Best Practices and Innovations Conference mobile app instructions
View the mobile conference website
The Career Pathways Leadership Certification Workshop
Presenter: Dr. Richard Hinckley, CORD
Sept. 28, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
What Every Administrator Needs to Know
Presenters: Dr. John Foster, NOCTI, and Dr. Clyde Hornberger
Sept. 28, 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Expanding Your Administrator Skills: Concentrating on Reality Education
Presenters: Drs. Larae Watkins and Michelle Conrad, University of Central Missouri
Sept. 28, 1-4:30 p.m.
Game-Changing Strategies for Dynamic Enrollment, Retention and Performance Results
Presenter: Mark Perna, CEO, Tools for Schools
Sept. 28, 1-4:30 p.m.
Hillsborough County Schools - Closed
Sept. 28, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Leto High School and Learey Technical College share a campus and provide model programs for student-centered competency-based learning. Tour participants will visit the following CTE programs: Medical Assisting, Cosmetology, Early Childhood Education, Academy of Hospitality and Tourism, Web Development, and Electricity and Automotive. The tour will conclude with lunch produced by the students in the Culinary Arts program.
Welcome to Tampa Dinner
Sept. 28, 6-9 p.m.
Join your CTE administrator peers
from across the nation for an off-site event designed to welcome you to the
history and flavors of the famed Ybor City neighborhood. This special dinner will feature a
delectable Cuban menu at the Fine Dining Hall of Fame inductee, the Columbia
Breakout and Roundtable Session Highlights
- Building an Effective Occupational License New Teacher Training Program
- Recognizing CTAE Students in 3Cs: College, Career and Community Service
- Partnerships to Shape the Industry
- Feed Their Hearts and Minds--- Instructional Leadership Team Caters Learning at Lunches
- Mentoring and Retaining Quality CTE Teachers
- The Power of the Education-Industry Partnership: Fostering Innovation in Collaboration Between CTE and Businesses
- Building Mobile Apps in a Makerspace Environment = Tech Skills for the Other 98%
- Soft Skills and Professionalism in the Classroom: A Hands-on Approach
- Why Marketing your District is Critical for a School of Choice
- Targeting Workforce Projects in Career Pathway Courses
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
2900 Bayport Drive
Tampa, FL 33607
Room Rate: $199 plus 12% state and local taxes
Parking: Complimentary self-parking; Valet - $12 for overnight stays or $8 daily
Reservation Deadline: Sept. 1
Best Practices Conference Rates
ACTE/NCLA members: $395
Pre-Conference Events (Sept. 28)
- The Career Pathways Leadership Certification Workshop: $225
- Game-Changing Strategies for Dynamic Enrollment, Retention and Performance Results: $125
- What Every Administrator Needs to Know: $125
- Expanding Your Administrator Skills: Concentrating on Reality Education: $125
- Tour of Hillsborough County Schools: $35 - Closed
- Welcome to Tampa Dinner: $55
The ACTE Region II Conference
Best Practices will be held in conjunction with the ACTE Region II Conference Sept. 30-Oct. 1 at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay for added professional development and networking opportunities. Learn more.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors!